Sunday, March 27, 2011

UFC Fight Night 24 Post fight thoughts


So nothing went down the way I thought it would at UFC Fight Night 24,But that is the story of my life. I am not entirely unhappy with the results tho. Aside from my friend Waylon Lowe getting caught in a third round choke of a fight he was winning.

I was very impressed with Morecraft. Mcorkle should have tapped and saved himself the embarrassment of being choked out on his feet.
The Korean Zombie made a statement against his old rival Leonard Garcia, beating him up on the feet and then scoring the first ever "twister" submission ever seen in the UFC. That shit was sweet too. It was the most exciting part of the night for me.

Amir Sadollah feasted on DaMarques Johnson not quite being in top competition after fighting on two weeks notice. The former The Ultimate Fighter winner outclassed Johnson by a wide margin in the second round after Johnson faded early. Whatever the reason tho Amir looked good in this fight. I have never really been a fan, But now I look forward to his next bout.

Anthony Johnson proved me wrong. Ring rust and the 40lb weight cut did not effect his performance. He layed on Hardy for 3 rounds and re-emerged as a potential contender in the UFC's welterweight division. I really do not ever see Dana giving him a shot tho unless he finishes fights.

To quote other sites Davis looked good not great last night. Davis took a unanimous decision 30-27 win over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira but looks less like a threat after the win.

It was the only fight I got right last night and I still was not happy with it. Davis could not even start to finish this fight. I do not think Nog was hurt at all after the fight. Lay and pray is killing our sport. There I said it.

No comments: