Sunday, October 25, 2009

ICF Fight Club brings the pain.




I live near Cincinnati OH. Earlier this year a local promotion Intimidation cage fighting ICF held a show at US Bank arena. The same venue the UFC held their event at when they came to town. I was there with Rich Franklin and met the promoter Steve Stanton. I was impressed with how well it was all done.
Stanton then went on to buy his own venue, a nightclub that he calls Fight Club. This is the nation's first MMA themed night spot.
Once a month Steve holds an ICF event at the club. When I heard about this and that it was in my home town I was stoked.
Friday night I attended my first ICF event at Fight Club. There were 10 fights on the card 3 pro bouts. I was impressed with the fights and the turnout.
The set up of the venue is kinda odd most the people had to stand. the VIP area is a very cramped balcony and the ringside seating was very limited. On the plus side there are Huge video screens and flat screen tvs everywhere you look. There is a bar close to you no matter where you are and there are a ton of hot girls. I'd really like to see more MMA memorabilia around the place. And perhaps a mini amateur card every weekend would keep people coming.
Overall the place rocks. I will be going back and if you are an MMA fan this is the place for you.

No comments: