Saturday, April 9, 2011

Strikeforce Diaz vs Daley: Turtle's picks


So tonight on Showtime we get to see the first Strikeforce event since the Zuffa buyout. This is by far one of the best SF cards I have ever seen. I often complain about the matchmaking on SF cards,But no complaints out of me this time around. Anyway I thought I would post my picks for this fight card and try and redeem myself for the awful job I did on the last UFC Fight night. So here we go...

Shinya Aoki vs Lyle Beerbohm

I'll start with the first main card fight of the evening. First off let me say I am a huge Aoki fan. He is the submission machine. I personally think he fights better when he is pissed haha. It seems he has trouble fighting in the states tho. I do not know if it is the fact that he can't wear his tights of many colors or if its the cage or what. That being said I hope to see an angry ready to win Aoki. Beerbohn is no joke tho, He was undefeated until Febuary of this year when he suffered a Decision loss. Will Aoki be the first to finish him? I think so Aoki by sub in the 2nd.

Gegard Mousasi vs Keith Jardine

I almost don't want to watch this fight. I love the Dean of Mean and have seen him try and make his "comeback" more than once now. I find myself feeling sorry for the guy everytime I see him suffer another loss. On the other hand it would be nice to see the guy get a big win and that is just what Mousasi would be. Mousasi's only recent loss was to King Mo. Before that this guy was on a tear winning 15 straight fights. his last 2 fights were wins in Japan fighting for Dream. I think he will take Jardine down and finish with a choke in the 2nd or 3rd.

Gilbert Melendez vs Tatsuya Kawajiri

First title fight of the evening. Melendez is the best lightweight in the world in my opinion. If and when he ever gets a shot at the UFC champion Frankie Edgar I believe he would win easily. But on this night he faces Tatsuya Kawajiri. This is actually a rematch of a 2006 Pride bout that Melendez won by UD. But I think this time around will be diffrent. I see Melendez getting the finish this time. TKO punches in the 2nd

Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley

Two of the biggest arrogant attitudes in MMA clash for the SF Welterwieght title. I love Nick Diaz he is always exciting to watch with his punches in bunches style. I don't really think thats how to beat Daley tho. Daley has a lethel KO. Everyone who has beaten Daley has done so by taking him out of his comfort zone. If Diaz takes this to the ground his BJJ will cancel Daley out. Daley has a huge punchers chance here and if he won the title under the Zuffa umbrella it would make things interesting. I'm going with Diaz by sub in the latter rounds of the fight.

Well those are my thoughts for whatever they are worth. It should be a very entertaining card. Have a great night everybody!

No comments: