Friday, April 29, 2011

Turtle's UFC 129 picks



Ok so tomorrow is the big day UFC 129. This is the biggest UFC event ever really, with 55,000 seats sold. I had hoped to post my thoughts on all of these fights in detail,But I am really pressed for time today. So that being said Here are my picks for UFC 129.

Sean Pierson vs. Jake Ellenberger

I am going with Ellenberger on this. Dude is just crazy and I have never been a Pierson fan.

Nate Diaz vs. Rory MacDonald

I am torn on this one. Macdonald is a very talented fighter and so is Diaz. With Nick Diaz just havin a fight and Shields in this main event I am left to wonder how much of the camp was focused on Nate. I am going to go with Diaz by Sub. It would not surprise me if Rory takes this tho.

Mark Bocek vs. Ben Henderson

Henderson....next

Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Jason Brilz

Will somebody please tell me why this fight is on the main card? Do you care? Cause I don't. I am taking Brilz I do not believe Matyushenko should even be in the UFC.

Randy Couture vs. Lyoto Machida

So Randy says no matter what this will be his last UFC fight. I have to say I think Randy's style could be bad for Lyoto. In his fight with Rampage, Jackson got him on the cage but could not keep him there. I think Randy can. Machida's counter style is not going to work well against Couture. I think Randy will take it on the score cards.

José Aldo (c) vs. Mark Hominick

Kick kick boom. Aldo all day.

Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Jake Shields

Ok so here it is the main event. I am a huge GSP fan and not a fan of Shields at all. That being said I think Shields will win this fight. I do not think that GSP has the power to finish Shields on his feet. And I also do not think he can stop Shields take downs. I question if Shields can make GSP tap tho. So I think this may be a rather boring fight for the casual fan with Shields winning the decision.

So thats what I think for whatever it's worth. Enjoy the fights everybody and I'll talk to you on Cage Passion Radio Sunday Night at 11pm for a recap.

No comments: